***Resolutions for 2013***
- Foraging. Make birch sap wine. Pickle ash keys. Research foraging areas in Dublin (Phoenix park, Cherrywood, Howth Head).
- Plant a sweet chestnut tree.
- Continue to support local producers in the Dublin area especially shops under threat of extinction by supermarkets such as butchers, fishmongers and grocers.
- Eat Seasonally (learn produce by season) and GIY. Turn my inner-city roof into a little eden / jungle. Distract pigeons with a bird feeder.
- Cook with off-cuts of meat such as heart and liver.
- Promote Gluten, Dairy and Sugar Free produce in shops and restaurants. Ask for alternatives to bread, not a bread alternative.
- Start a ‘Real Food’ initiative amongst my age group. Encourage taking back the responsibility of adequately feeding yourself, through nutritional awareness, basic cooking skills and shopping savvy. ‘Re-nutritionalise’ the college kids.
- Start a skill share.